1. Boo LanternsLet’s start with something that’s pretty basic yet awesome. Paper lanterns are inexpensive and all you really have to do is draw on Boo’s face. Make a few of them and you’ve got a wicked decoration for your party.
2. Spiderman Candy Apples
These Spideman candy apples look pretty awesome and probably taste great. Plus you can feel somewhat less guilty about making them and serving them to your guests because underneath that layer of sugar is a healthy apple!
3. Minecraft Jack-O-Lantern Cake
Another yummy nerdy dessert. If this cake looks slightly difficult to make (because of the fondant), you could swap it out for regular icing. Just try to make it look as pixel like as possible.
4. Pumpkin Carving ContestThis one can be set up before your party. You could even go so far as to pick a nerdy theme for your Jack-O-Lanterns. There are a ton of possibilities: fantasy, sci-fi, horror, anime, comics, video games, etc.
5. “Everything Halloween A-Z” Game
So here’s a fun game you can play with your guests. To make it fit your theme just award bonus points to anyone who can think of scary characters, places, and things found in geeky movies, television shows, books, and video games. You can download the game and find more about it: here.
If you’re a Potterhead like me you’ve probably looked up how to make Butterbeer online and tried it at least once. It’s pretty delicious, right? Well this video shows you how to make 3 versions of Butterbeer for your party guests. They’ll have different options and I’m sure they’ll love you for it.
7. Bloody Tears Castlevania Cocktail
Now here’s a drink for anyone at your party who is of legal drinking age. Don’t worry, I didn’t forget about you guys! Here’s a raspberry infused gin cocktail that sounds pretty damn delicious.
8. Scary Video GamesSet up your computer somewhere and load it up with some scary games for your friends to play. My recommendations: Slender, Left 4 Dead 2, Amnesia, and Five Nights at Freddy’s.
What’s great about papercrafting at a party is that it’s fun and your guests get to take something home to remember the event. You’ll find a bunch over at Cubeecraft that you can download and print off before your party.
10. Costume Contest
Just like the pumpkin carving contest you could pick a theme for your costume contest. How cool would it be to have all your friends dress up as video game characters? Get creative and make sure you have great prizes for the winners.