Welcome well-read gamers to this week’s episode of the GoGcast! Our friend Pat Landry joins us to discuss books that tell the stories of video game development and the history of the industry.
Here are Pat and Leah’s current reading list:
- Blood, Sweat, and Pixels: The Triumphant, Turbulent Stories Behind How Video Games Are Made
- Masters of Doom
- Console Wars
- Super Mario: How Nintendo Conquered America
- All Your Base Are Belong To Us
- The Ultimate History of Video Games
- Coleco: The Official Book
- Game Over: How Nintendo Conquered The World
This week in news: Answering to Kotaku’s article, Riot’s Greg Street promises changes to Riot’s toxic culture and Ubisoft confirms there will be no Assassin’s Creed game in 2019.